Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nobody Home

Earlier today, in an attempt to impress potential employers, I spent a couple of hours polishing my resume. I'm pretty confident in my writing abilities, but when it comes to writing resumes or anything of that nature... be it cover letters or whatever, I'm completely hopeless, I think. But today was kind of different. When I was finished, I actually felt as though I had accomplished something and that I wasn't just spinning my tires.

I don't know what it was today, but I seriously had a fire lit under my ass because I just felt so motivated to get things done. I think it may have been the two coffees I chugged, but I'm not entirely sure...

Mandy and I spent the evening at the riverfront sitting on a blanket listening to a quintet band play a few songs. It was pretty enjoyable and definitely a nice way to spend an evening and relax. With the amount of work we've been doing in regards to the move, it was nice to sit back and just take in the sounds and scenery. She definitely deserves it. Aside from the crazy old man sitting twenty feet from us, talking and laughing to himself every ten seconds, it was a great evening.

With less than a week to go until the big move, I can honestly say I'm very confident in the change that's coming. I hope the motivation I felt today continues and carries on into the weeks and months to come and that it's not smothered by even more rejection from potential employers.

The picture to the left is the mound of stuff in our room that we've bought over the course of the last week. We're pretty much finished, we just need to get the big stuff, but we're going to wait til we actually get up there to get that stuff. Our bed is being delivered on Thursday.

Tomorrow will be spent at my best friend's house, having a barbecue with some of my closest friends. It will be hard to say goodbye to them, knowing it could be months until I see them again, but it will still be a great day, I'm sure.

The tough part comes later this week when I say goodbye to my mom and dad and my two cats. I can't take my cats to the new apartment because they are destructive offspring of Satan. It's going to be tough saying goodbye, again, knowing it could be a while before I see any of them again, but at the same time, I'm happy. And they're happy for me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good look with the transition into the newest chapter of your life!

- Pepper.